Auto

No W16 Hypercar For You! Bugatti Chiron And Bolide Are Officially Sold Out

The Molsheim-based brand aims to deliver at least 80 cars in 2022.

It was the end of October 2021 when Bugatti “warned” the one percent that time was running out to buy a Chiron. At the time, fewer than 40 build slots were still available, but that is no longer the case as the remaining hypercars were discussed. In all, 150 deep-pocketed customers ordered the monster W16 last year, 60 percent of whom were new to the Molsheim brand.

© Motor1.com Copyright Bugatti Bolide production version

Of the 150 wealthy future owners, 40 of them opted for the Bolide, also known as “the most extreme Bugatti ever.” Despite the track-only beast being shown off with production intent at The Quail in August, it only took the French brand a couple of months to sell out all the build slots. These were available for a whopping €4m each (before tax) and the cars won’t be delivered before 2024.

2021 was a busy year for Bugatti as it kicked off deliveries of the Super Sport 300+ and shipped the exclusive $13.4 million La Voiture Noire to its mysterious owner. Additionally, all Divo units were delivered in the last 12 months as the company opened four showrooms in Tokyo, Singapore, Riyadh and Manchester.

As for what Bugatti has in store for 2022, all ten examples of the EB 110-flavored Centodieci will be finalized and shipped to owners. Customer deliveries of the Super Sport 300 (without the +) will begin soon as part of Bugatti’s larger plan to ship at least 80 vehicles this year.

Of course, 2022 is important for another reason: the newly formed joint venture, Bugatti Rimac, will start work with 435 employees. 300 will be based in Zagreb and 135 in Molsheim, plus 180 from the VW Group development center in Wolfsburg.

As an update, the Rimac Group owns 55 percent of the shares, while the remaining 45 percent of the shares belongs to Porsche. Mate Rimac, founder and CEO of Rimac Automobili, is the CEO of the new company based in Sveta Nedelja. Porsche will act as a “strategic shareholder”, with Porsche Chairman Oliver Blume a member of the supervisory board together with Lutz Meschke, Porsche Vice Chairman and Chief Financial Officer.

Back to top button