Korean food is a must-try if you want to explore some enticing flavours and spices. Korean cuisine is laced with delicious mouth-watering recipes that feature anchovy paste, fried eggs or pork skin. But if you are presuming that the cuisine offers limited vegetarian options, then this is no longer the case. Right from kimchi pancakes to latte- the Korean culinary fare offers multiple delightful vegetarian recipes that will thrill your palate. Here we bring you 4 mouth-watering vegetarian Korean food recipes that you should definitely try at home.
- Korean Kimchi Pancakes
- 200 grams of all-purpose flour
- 10 grams of corn starch
- Salt as per the taste
- Water as required
- 50 grams smooth kimchi paste
- 20 grams green onion, chopped
- Oil to cook
- Take a bowl and mix all-purpose flour, corn starch, kimchi paste and green onion together.
- Now, add water to make a smooth batter-like consistency.
- Heat a pan, and drizzle some oil. Now pour some batter, spread evenly and cook from both sides.
- Serve with a dip of your choice.
- Spicy Korean cucumber salad
- 2 cucumbers (peeled)
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- ½ teaspoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil (toasted)
- 1 teaspoon chilli paste
- Salt as per the taste
- Take a bowl and mix together sugar, rice vinegar, sesame oil, chilli paste, and salt.
- Now, thinly slice the cucumbers.
- Pour the prepared mixture over the cucumber, mix well and allow it to marinate for about 30 minutes.
- Serve by sprinkling sesame seeds on the top.
- Korean sweet potato latte
- 2 sweet potatoes (boiled and peeled)
- 2 cups milk
- 1-2 tablespoons sugar
- Ground cinnamon
- Finely chopped walnuts
- Take a blender and blend sweet potatoes, milk, sugar, cinnamon, and walnuts in it until smooth.
- Serve with the toppings of chopped walnuts.
- Korean coleslaw
- 30 grams cabbage, sliced
- 20 grams red cabbage, sliced
- 20 grams carrot, sliced
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 2 garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon red pepper
- 1 tablespoon sesame seed oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- Salt as per the
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Take a bowl and add carrot, onion, red cabbage and cabbage and mix it together.
- Take another bowl and combine the garlic, soy sauce, vinegar, sugar, red pepper, sesame oil, and sesame seeds and whisk well.
- Pour this dressing over the vegetables, mix well and relish.