01/10The inability to gain weight troubles many
While weight loss is a headache for many, inability to gain weight troubles some. An optimal weight is what every human body should have in order to function properly. There are several discussions centered around weight loss; however, not that many talks happen about weight gain.
If you are looking to gain weight, you need to consume more calories than you burn. A high-calorie diet will help you gain weight.
In order to create a healthy weight gain diet plan, you need to make sure that the foods you eat are nutritious and calorie-dense. You cannot force your body to bulk eat and expect it to gain weight in a healthy manner.
The requirements of the body to gain weight differs from person to person therefore it is important to follow a right diet according to your body needs.
Here is a generic 7 day diet planned by Nutritionist Sapna, Founder, Health Before Wealth that will help you gain weight in a healthy and efficient way.
02/107 Days diet plan on weight gain
Make a habit of eating 5 soaked almonds, 2 soaked walnuts, and 2 cashews every day in the morning
● Breakfast – 1 katori corn mix vegetable upma with 1 cup milk with 1 tsp chironji in it
●Mid-day meal – 1 katori seasonal fruit with pinch of cinnamon powder
●Lunch – 2 wheat roti with 1 katori soya masala curry, 1 tbsp. mint chutney
●Snacks – 1 katori sprouts chaat
●Dinner – 1 sweet potato cheese wrap with 1tblsp mint chutney
●Breakfast – 1 paneer vegetable sandwich
●Mid-day meal – 1 katori roasted poha chiwda with added peanuts
●Lunch – 2 paneer mix vegetable paratha with 1 bowl tur dal
●Snacks – 1 katori boiled cheesy sweet corn
●Dinner – 1 katori soya masala pulao
●Breakfast – 2 panchmel dal dosa with 1tblsp green chutney
●Mid-day meal – 1 boiled potato with pinch of black pepper ( 1 med size)
●Lunch – 2 wheat roti with 1 katori mix sprouts usal, 1 katori salad
●Snacks – 1 banana date milkshake
●Dinner – 1 katori ragda pattice (3 pattice)
●Breakfast – 1 katori aloo peas poha, 1 cup milk
●Mid-day meal – 1 glass almond milkshake
●Lunch – 2 aloo methi paratha, 1 katori matki usal, 1 katori daliya kheer
●Snacks – 1 katori kurmura ground chiwda, 1 cup milk with 1 tsp almond powder
●Dinner – 1 rajmah tikki roll, 1 tblsp avocado dip
●Breakfast – 4 paneer cheese mix veg tikki with mint dip
●Mid-day meal – 1 cup almond milk apricot milkshake
●Lunch – 1 bowl chole pulao with 1 katori mix vegetable curry
●Snacks – 4 muthiyas, 1 cup milk
●Dinner – 2 palak masala dosa with 1 katori drumstick leaves
●Breakfast – 1 katori oats porridge with added dry fruits
●Mid-day meal – 1 glass mango almond smoothie
●Lunch – 2 wheat roti with 1 katori aloo peas curry
●Snacks – 1 katori bhel with veggies and groundnuts
●Dinner – 1 cheese vegetable grilled sandwich with 1 tbsp mint chutey
●Breakfast – 1 cucumber rajgeera singhada Thalipeeth with 1 katori curd
●Mid-day meal – 1 katori sevai kheer
●Lunch – 1 katori soya masala with 2 palak paratha
●Snacks – 1 glass mix dryfruits milkshake
●Dinner – 1 katori jeera rice with panchmel dal tadka
10/10Diet is not enough; you need to make other lifestyle changes too
Following the diet solely would not ensure weight gain. It is extremely important to make changes in your lifestyle.
Here are some tips on how to create a diet plan for weight gain.
1. Eat more calories and nutrient dense food: In order to gain weight, you need to consume more calories than you burn. A high-calorie diet will help you gain weight. Nutrient dense foods are packed with nutrients and calories. These foods will help you gain weight in a healthy way. Make sure to include plenty of nutrient dense foods in your diet such as dark leafy greens, nuts, seeds, and beans along with fruits, vegetables, whole grains, and lean protein sources. And eat frequently. To gain weight, you need to eat more frequently than someone who is trying to lose weight. You should aim to eat every 3-4 hours.
2. Avoid processed foods: Processed foods are high in calories but low in nutrients. These foods will not help you gain weight in a healthy way. Avoid processed foods such as chips, candy, and baked goods.
3. Drink plenty of water: Drinking plenty of water is important for your overall health, but it can also help you gain weight. When you drink water, your body retains more fluid, which can lead to weight gain.
4. Get enough sleep: Getting enough sleep is important for your overall health and can also help you gain weight. When you sleep, your body releases hormones that help promote growth and repair.
5. Talk to your Nutritionist: If you are having trouble gaining weight, talk to your Nutritionist. They can help you create a healthy weight gain diet plan that is right for you.